Monday, May 09, 2005

Government Delays....As Usual.

So here it is....5 months after TSA gave me the heave-ho...thanks to my now screwed up back. Still...5 months later...I have not been able to get my annual leave money back. Likewise...I can't withdraw the money from my TSP account either. It is highly frustrating. Don't these idiots have any kind of accountability? I guess not. It's OK for the government to withhold and delay paying money they owe you...for months on end. But heaven forbid if you owe them money...they want it ASAP.

It truly is amazing...5 months after my separation...I am still officially listed as an employee. It is a good thing private companies don't work the same way...or our ecomony would really be down the drain. No wonder I can't get anything finalized with these people. I am guessing they are holding off to see what will happen at the EEOC hearing.

Lastly...thousands of former INS employees were claimants on a FLSA suit filed by the AFGE Union. This was done because the INS was found to have violated certain provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act by not paying overtime like they should have. I am an old claimant in this case...and eventually we are supposed to get some backpay. How much...no one really knows. Mine will be a small amount because I was only covered a little over a year. A friend of mine...now with CIS...will get backpay for the entire period.
He did a lot of overtime...so his amount should be huge. They are paying 100% interest on all owed backpay. That is a pretty good deal.
Supposedly everyone of the old claminants are to receive their money by June 15th. We will see about that...but I am not holding my breath.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home