Friday, May 06, 2005

Mothers' Day Sunday - Poetry Corner

Well...this Sunday is Mothers' Day. I will probably send my mother some flowers. She is 71 years old...and still relatively healthy. She can still drive good. My father died almost 9 years ago.

What I would really like to do...is to wish my love..."Anna"...a very happy mothers' day. I hope her kids are doing well. Too bad I can't give her some flowers too. But you know how it is. So long as I carry the burden I do...I have to remain in exile. It is a most lonely road I travel...filled with obstacles and mountains. This poem is for her...my love.

"This is to your large dark eyes...your raven hair flows gracefully by. Hence to thee I speak of love...that may your life be filled... with gifts from above.

To times of past...to years of old...of words not spoken of secret love. Distant rains fall from the gray sky...like tears of sorrow from my eyes.

When last I saw your smiling face...was a time of my disgrace. So as I stood in proud repose...that my time was over...you did not know.

For when you left that fateful day...I so wished that you could stay. But our trails were split at last...in the tempest that Hell had cast.

Now as I look back upon so many years...and realize my greatest fears. In the time it takes to wake...the joy of life we do forsake.
All that was is lost forever...though of the heart we cannot sever.

So it is with you and I...two lost souls in spacious skies. Like the sun and moon that chase each day...always linked...forever to stay.

The light...the dark...the mystery. That is what was made for me. Like the sun that shines so bright...and unwraps those shadows of the night.

But with the light...must darkness come...and cover all who see the sun. For each day it is the same...as the moon puts out the solar flame.

So with joy...does sadness come...to reclaim our lives absent the sun. But there is hope for us to see...as each new day brings to us...our families!

Therin lies the strength of us all...that when hope fails...love will not fall. Together branded for all time...that must we seek our kindred minds.

So it is for her and I...lost forever in time and space. Never again to meet...face to face. But in my soul shall you yet live...as my heart beats...and my spirit gives.

Now with that I must say...please have a happy mothers' day!"

Written by Tony
May 6, 2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home