Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Unusual Phone Call....

Last night...about 6:30pm...I received a call on my phone. When I picked it up a lady was on the other end and told me she wanted to speak to Tony. It was somewhat difficult to hear what she said...as her voice seemed far away. I asked several more times who she wanted...and each time she said she wanted to talk to Tony. Something did not seem quite right...so I asked her who she was...to which there was a slight pause in her answer. Then in a somewhat softer voice...she said her namw was "Pam". I asked her who she was with...and even softer yet...she stated "Ultra Fitness"...and that she need to speak to Tony.

By this time...my defenses were up. It seemed odd that this person would be calling me...even to sell a exercise program...just using my first name. Not once was my lastt name used. So suspecting some sort of bill collector...or investigator...or who knows what else...I told the lady that Tony was at work and she stated that she needed to speak to him. I relayed that he would be back in a couple of hours and that if she tried at 9:00pm...he would be back. She seemed disappointed not to be able to speak to Tony. She acknowledged what I had told her...but never called back.

Who was she? I don't know. Over the years I have become somewhat paranoid over phone calls I get. Sometimes they are bill collectors...credit agencies...government poeple on official business...investigators etc.
You get the idea. I rarely answer my phone anymore...and have the machine pick it up. I have had several occasions where strange cars would sit below my apartment for hours on end...with the occupants...constantly looking at my windows and wrting things down. I have intercepted cell phone calls over my phone line from people in the vicinity watching the activities of someone...name not known. I have been followed several times by strange cars for a number of miles...only to have them drive away when I approached my apartment.

Am I a little bit paranoid? You bet! If you had gone through the things I have the last 13 years...you would be too. Whoever it was...I hope they call back and let me know their intentions via my message machine. I don't like to lie and tell cover stories about not being home...but untill I feel safe and secure...that is the way it will have to be. It is no fun being a black sheep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home