Saturday, April 30, 2005

Redondo Beach Earth Day

I just got back from the Redondo Beach Earth Day event. Real nice day. Sunny...warm...lots of people. I gave a 2 hour class on backyard composting and vermicomposting (worms). Had about 30 people attend. There was an abundance of marine setups. Various fish, shellfish and octopi were on display. Most impressive and interesting. They had a tank full of seabass...at least 5 pounders...ready for the grille. Too bad they were not for eating.

The location was right on the beach. One of the better events for the year.
A good way to make a few bucks and spend half the day. For the rest of the day...I guess I'll get a bite to eat...then see what's left at some yard sales. Sometimes I can pick up some good stuff to sell on Ebay. Thank God for Ebay...it has saved my ass more than once in these lean times.

On second thought...a cold frosty beer would taste good right about now.
Maybe I'll go to the local pub for a few. Decisions...decisions...decisions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home