Wednesday, April 27, 2005

More Dreams of Her Last Night.

Last night was a rather sleepless one for me. Made that way by recurring dreams I have involving a certain female...yes, that one...that seem to strike in the middle of the night. Last night I had 2 of those dreams. I have noticed that it takes me several hours to get back to sleep after I have one of these. The story is usually the same...with slight variations. It is hard for me to explain exactely what happens during the dream...but it usually involves her and I separated by some unseen force...just out of view.

I walk trying to catch up to her, but am being held back by whatever force is out of view. There are always other people involved in these dreams...friends and relatives of us both. Some good...some not so good. They seem to last a long time...with no resolution...and I wake up nervous, trembling and dejected. No wonder I can't get back to sleep. The real irony is that I have been having the same type dreams for nearly 13 years. You would think that they would end sometime...but I guess not.

It certainly does not make for a pleasant and well rested night. Fortunately, I only get them every few weeks...not every night. This is the first time though, I have had 2 in the same night. I hope this does not become a recurring theme. I can only guess that years of unresolved issues are causing the dreams to manifest themselves for such a long period. When I think of it though...there was...and is...much unfinished business between us from that time long ago. My continued love for her probably does not help either.
Being a prisoner of love does have it's pitfalls. I have tried to severe the ties on numerous occasions...but it does not last. I guess the only time I will actually stop loving her...is when they put my stiff, dead corpse in the ground. A little like that country song titled "He Stopped Loving Her Today"...as the same fate happened to him in that sad song. What is a guy supposed to do...
move on I am told. Too bad that it isn't as easy in reality...as it is in simulation. The chains that bind me are too strong to break...for they were forged in the fires of antiquity...and sealed by the hand of God. Sigh......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home