Sunday, May 08, 2005

Georgia on my Mind

I was going through an old box of stuff I had stored and buried on the bottom...was several old momentos of when I was in Georgia in 1992. First was an old menu from Emmalines bar on St. Simon Island. I remember going there on several occasions...of course the most memorable time was when I ran into my "Anna" and my interloper classmate there. It was not a good time for me. Then I found a price list from Sally's Cop Shop I picked up not far from Glynco.

Lastly...was a friendship card one of my instructors at the academy had given to me prior to my departure. It was from Billie Moxley, who unfortunately, was killed in 1994. She was a wonderful person who understood my personal problems at the academy...and the problems between "Anna" and myself later on.
She was one of the few friends I had there...as it seemed I was hated and reviled by most others as things went from bad to worse. A true friend indeed.

I had not seen these things for over 10 years...I thought they were long gone. Now I sit remembering those times of tribulation, love, hate, separation and rejection. It may be mothers' day for most...but for me it is a day of seclusion, reflection and thought.

Sigh.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home