Saturday, May 07, 2005

Saturday Morning Escapades

So I rise early today. Time to give a class in the city of Torrance. The type I usually help my cousin with...gardening and composting. At 9:00am...only one person showed and it looked like it was going to be a slow day. Fortunately...15 minutes later...we had 30 people. I hate to speak unless there is a good crowd.
So today...there was.

However...to start the day...my car battery was dead. Believe it or not...that car has some sort of ghost living in it. For mysterious reasons I cannot explain...hours after I park it, the radio comes on by itself...and drains the battery down. It is a fatory radio and has never been spliced into to. It reminds me of that old movie "Christine". You know the one...where the old Plymouth has a life of it's own and the radio plays only oldies songs. Sometimes I will have people call me and ask if I knew the radio was playing...hours after I stopped driving it. Very strange. So I had to get a ride with my assistant to give the class.

Afterwards...we wnt back to my place...where I jumped my car and off to my cousin's office we went. I then took my cousin's truck to the recycler and cashed in $32 worth of plastic bottles and cans. Not bad at all.

So now it is 2:45pm and here I am typing on my computer. What will I do the rest of the day? I really don't know...but I am quite tired and my back is hurting...so maybe I will go back to my hovel for some rest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home