Monday, May 09, 2005

Ebay Stuff

Off to the post office to ship out a couple of small items I sold on Ebay. Not much...just a heat riser hose for a 429 cobra jet engine and an oil cap for the same engine. I can say that Ebay has been a God send. People will buy just about anything you can get listed. For example...just a month ago some lady sold an old grilled cheese sandwich that suppossedly had the Virgin Mary in it.
It sold for $30,000!!!! What a bunch of suckers anyway.

Although last year I tried to sell a Hitler Youth knife my uncle brought back from WW2. Ebay pulled it from auction even though I never showed the swastika or mentioned NAZIs. Of course...I went back on Ebay afterward and found at least 6 other people selling the same knife. I guess someone just didn't like my ad and told Ebay. I told my uncle he would have to find another way to get rid of the knife. He still has it and quite likely I will end up with it.

I have an auction closing on an old portable 8 track player...a panasonic "TNT" player. So far it is up to $60. Not bad for a 15 buck investment. Yep...people will buy just about anything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home