Saturday, June 11, 2005

The Summer of Blues

Here it is...June...the summer time blues. Well...not officially summer yet...but it sure feels like it. As you can see...I never made it to South Dakota for my nephew's wedding. The typical reason...lack of money. It sure sucks not having money. It's going to be one of those summers I guess.

Meanwhile...I read a report in the LA Times recently about the increasing violence along the US/Mexico border. Not encouraging at all. Just a few days ago the newly appointed police chief of Nuevo Laredo, Mexico was assisinated by a hail of gunfire. He had only been in office a day or two. Right across from Laredo, Texas. Too close for comfort. It seems 2 drug cartels are fighting it out for control of the US drug market...and Laredo has more truck traffic than any other border crossing. Vicente Fox claimed he was sending army troops there to regain control...I'll believe that when I see it.

Of course...when I think of border violence...I hope that Alma is not get involved in any of it down in Arizona. It would just about kill me to find out she was hurt in any way by the increasingly violent behaviour all along the border. I almost hate even seeing any news of border incidents along the Arizona border. I am just happy that she was not involved in the 2 year sting the FBI conducted in Arizona that resulted in the arrests of at least 15 civilian, military and federal law enforcement officers.

I sure wished I knew how she was doing these days. I am just too afraid to call and see. After you have been through what I have been through the last 13 years...you would understand my predictament. That has been my life the last 13 years. But with everyone so attuned to stalking and harassment...a guy just can't take the risk anymore. Remember the "old" days when pursuing, courting and wooing a women was seen as romantic? Hollywood still portrays the male pursuit of a women...even extreme pursuit (stalking) as a glorious romance. Just look at all the movies and books that are cranked out each year about romance and drama. It just isn't fair. I am forced to live a lie...to live alone...to live away from the woman I really love...because our society has such mores and double standards. Act on anything anymore...and you risk going getting sued...or going to jail.

So another year of suffering I must endure. So it has been...year after year. I am really surprised that the "gestapo" didn't come down on me for the letter and picture I sent her back in February. Oh well...there is still plenty of time left this year...and the government never forgets, nor forgives. Yes indeed...it is the Summer of Blues. Sigh........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home