Wednesday, June 01, 2005

The first day of June

So I am at the computer once again...surfing the web ever so silently. Now that Memorial Day is over...it seems as though summer has finally arrived. Though it is weeks away from the official start. I was just downloading forms from the California Bureau of Security and Inveatigative Services. I may have enough education and experience to take the test for my Private Investigators license. Believe it or not...California requires that PI applicants have 6,000 hours experience or relative training to be issued a PI license. I know a seasoned PI that is going to help me try and get it. It would be nice to have some source of back-up work available if need be.

Well...tomorrow is the 13th anniversary of my graduation from the FLETC and the last time I saw Alma. It sure seems like a long time ago...in a galaxy far, far away. In fact...it has been. It will have been 13 years now since my life went to hell in a handbasket. The crapper...the shitter...the skids...well you get the drift. Where would I have been now if fate had not failed my career and life? Most likely I would have been a CPB Officer for the Department of Homeland Security...at a minimum. I would have likely been raking in 70 grand + per year as a GS 11 or GS 12. Maybe even higher. Instead...I am living in a dump in a crappy suburb of LA and so far this year...I think I made a whopping...zero! That's right...nada...zip...zilch. If it were not for Ebay...I would have been digging moldy rotten food out of dumpsters and garbage cans long ago. Well, Ebay and a few relatives. Of course...selling off all of my personal posessions to stay off the streets is not exactly what I would call "progressing". I am walking on a knife's edge as it is...thousands of dollars in debt...months behind in rent. Wow...what more do you want? God I love America! Home of the brave (you got to be in this economy) and land of the free (free to wallow in the streets destitute and broken).

Meanwhile the fatcats get ever fatter. Just yesterday a report came out in the LA Times that showed that the top business execs were getting raises/bonuses of an average of 20% per year, yet the actual workers were averaging less than 6%. F*cking bastards anyway. Hell...an illegal alien who manages a local Pizza Hut I know is bringing in over 40 grand a year. What a load of crap! Meanwhile...how many of our veterans...lifelong citizens and taxpayers...are begging for coins and scrounging for scraps in garbage cans? I don't know about anywhere else...but there are plenty in LA...and even right here in Long Beach. Of course most are too screwed up now to ever hold a real job...either due mental problems...booze...or drugs. Most probably all 3.

Meanwhile we continue our worship of celebrities and the wealthy. Just look at what American Idol has done.
More people are worried over poor Paula Abdul or Simon Cowle...don't forget Oprah...than they are over the real problems effecting this country. Oh boo hoo hoo for our poor misguded, but very rich, celebrities and executives! If I am not mistaken...worshipping false idols goes against the grains of most of the major religions of the world. But isn't that just what seems to be happeneing here? Poor Kobe and Shaq. Poor Phil Jackson. It just goes on and on. What a load of crap! I have just about had it. I am so sick and tired of how our media, popular culture and politicians divert attention away from the biggest problems we face. Oh what about the children and the schools...is all we hear. Where are we going to get the money to pay for them...simple...tax, tax, tax. Raise fees and increase costs. Hey idiots in control out there...how about starting with the basics...like enforcing the laws and not giving millions of illegal aliens free education, free medical care, and subsidised housing. Or how about not hiring them illegally and paying them slave wages and then keeping the tidy profits that never get passed down to the consumer. Duh!

It is high time for the Minute Men to be called upon once again. It worked in 1776...it can work today. The ghost of King George III lives again...and it is called Congress, Corporate America and Hollywood. We could really use that time machine about now...everyone in the present time has lost their courage to the status quo...and the power elite. No heroes do we have as in the days of old. No Washingtons...no Jeffersons...no Lincolns to save our collective souls.

The greatest country in the world indeed...it all depends on your perspective...doesn't it? For those who hold the power...the wealth and the control...it most certainly is the greatest country. But for many of the worker bees that drone on...the gap widens and the middle class is slowly eliminated...perhaps "greatest country" is a bit of an overstatement. I guess the future will tell. The future indeed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home