Monday, May 23, 2005

Bug Fair - Day 2

Yesterday was the second day of the bug fair. There were hundreds of people milling around checking things out. Not quite as warm as the day before...but still hot. A good day overall. I got a hot tip on where to find some Rosy Boas.
These are small chunky gray snakes that are very docile and easy to care for.
They are constrictors...but are not in the family as true boas and pythons. My cousin and I are going out today later on to see if we can find some. I certainly hope so.

There is a full moon tonight so hopefully we can see them a bit better. I am also taking out a small hand held black light to look for scorpions. In case you didn't know it. Most scorpions will glow under black light. They have special phospherous cells in their bodies that react to black light. It makes them easy to find in the dark. Just another herpetological and arachnid expedition here in Southern California.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home