Friday, May 20, 2005

Alma, My Alma

In the lines of your face...I question times past...when often I pray that these times always last .

In the sparkle of dust upon yonder hill...that does not come things...that I fear I should feel.

In tempid long torture of my lucid mind...of darkness surrounding...of evil I find.

In body of age and wrinkes of pain...that these are the things...I find most arcane.

In visions of beauty with eyes full and clear...in thoughts that have happened...I find her love near!

In large lonely forests with trees dark as night...the paths are forbidden...though try as I might.

In spirit of sorrow and tears as of rain...I can never forget...the sound of her mystical name.

In deft sounding meadows of silent repose...of that which was broken...two hearts that grow old!

In oft many thoughts that time may appease...that should I not cry...for what used to be?


Alma, my Alma...a soul of the night...forever is given...the gift of moonlight.

It now remains, that far should I see...that which was one...may now never be.

Alma, my Alma...my long lost loved one...what brings to the present...the past has undone.

It now can be said of time and of space...that whatever may fail...shall love not be erased.

Our souls are of heaven...our hearts are of man...for whatever we do...can we now understand.

It now stands to burden the last days of my life...that where ever you are...have I yet paid the price?

Alma, my Alma...you know who you are...that which started forever...still calls from a far.

And so do I ask...do you feel the same...that together our short time...was not wasted in vain?

Though now I see in long pensive thought...the question asked most...by those most distraught.

How can it be...after all these long years...your heart keeps on beating...after all of those sad tears?

That is the mystery for which I can find no reply...just Alma, my Alma...please don't say goodbye.........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home