Saturday, May 14, 2005

Easy Listening

Still sitting at this "puter". I have the media player on listening to BostonPete Radio station which runs easy jazz and inspirational music. The program originates in Boston "d'uh"...but the show right now is by Maria. She is Hispanic and plays selections with a Latin twist.

Right now I am scanning some old slides into my computer...slides from around 1965. Tomorrow I will do some tweaking on them with my Digital Image Suite and then burn them to CDs. I am slowly making a photographic album of my family history based on old photos, slides and documents. Once done...I will make copies and sell them to family members...hey, it isn't cheap. But they will be priced cheap...since most will done on CDs. I would encourage anyone who has old delicate photos and slides to invest in a good slide and film scanner and do the same thing. CDs will last almost forever.

While I am sitting here...of course...my mind is off far away in a time long since past. I envision the short time of my true love...and wondering what she is doing at this moment. I can still see her tears fall...feel her sorrow...know the sadness. Forever I will have to endure this fate. To the end of my days shall I regret the mistakes I made...the hurt I caused...the hate I invoked. Another year has gone by. It is now only a few short weeks...13 years ago...when last I saw her.

The music plays on...my mind reels...my heart aches...and my tears well from within. This is what it is to be human...to be of the enlightened soul. Long periods of stagnation and repetition...followed by short spurts of joy. That is my life...stagnant and putrid. It is the bed I have made...and is the bed I will have to sleep in. It is the yoke that burdens me...and the chain and ball I must carry. My mistakes are without forgiveness...that I should remember them always in the time that I have. "Oh Father...why hath thou forsaken me!" This once said by a simple, honest and caring man some 2,000 years ago as he hung dying on a cross. Of this...I can share his pain and bewilderment. Sigh.........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home