Monday, March 21, 2005

A New Tomorrow

And I sit....as do I ponder.
My life is such, that I may wonder.
How it was...that came my fall.
From beyond my sight, it should call.

Never do I rest, nor wait.
Always feel I, the fright and hate.
Of countless days...and so many years.
That of which...caused many tears.

Of times both joyous and too sad.
The things of which we never had.
The life of that....which was granted thee.
Did we squander needlessly.

My thoughts of you and of your soul.
Should make my life....surrender control.
But for the turn of fate.. of then.
We would still be in love again.

The hands of time are unforgiving.
Just as long as my life... keeps on living.
But when my hope has dimmed too far.
I will set forth and wish upon your star.

And as you know what that would be.
To set the hands of time to see.
Back upon so many years.
That time erases all our fears.

What kind of power would that take.
So not again...the same mistakes we make.
To know our failings of right and wrong.
So as not to sing....our sad swan song.

And that...my dearest wish would be.
My only request, that should you see.
Like my life...cannot I not wait.
To see myself....the hands of fate.

To hear a voice from an angels heart.
Relieve the hate.....that tore us apart.
Mend the sorrow of what once was.
Bring back the time of secret love.

When words cannot express our feelings.
And all these things would strain the healing.
Should we still hurt our heart and soul.
Let us forgive the past, and make our lives whole.

I will start...with what must be done.
To say I am sorry...cannot be just one.
Two it takes...to mend this rift of hate.
That for so long....have we endured its fate.

My apology is sound and true.
Like unto the wind...I call to you.
Please forgive my mistaken sins of past.
That should our friendship....ever last.

That is for us....to now decide.
Should we cast our hurt...and pain astride.
I hope upon heaven's marbled gate.
That would you accept the words I state.

To hold in my mind, my heart, my soul.
Your deep brown eyes...that I should know.
For in the depth of their brilliant glitter.
To sooth your tears...and not be bitter.

But....one life we have to live.
And so very short and fragile it is.
That when all is said and finally done.
Did I show mercy and love for one.

That is my hope....my dearest wish.
For someday...to mend our deep rift.
I call to you once again, my time of need.
What we have felt...could you please heed.

My last wish, my hope and fate.
I no longer wish to feel the burining hate.
To rid the past....these things of sorrow.
May it bring to us now.....a new tomorrow.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home