Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Limpid Pools of Dark Water.

That is about as close as I can come to describe how my long lost love's eyes were. You see....she has probably the most beautiful eyes of any girl I have know. Large and expressive. Some people would say "doe" eyes. I am a real softy for eyes like that. I am sure that was what attracted me to her in the first place. Her eyes are very dark brown....almost black. I really liked that about her.

I can see them today as if she were standing right in front of me.
When she was happy....the expressions would beam like shining star light. The twinkle would sparkle like jewels caught in limpid pools of water. That was the power they held. It was as if a trance had overtaken me.....a power that could not be denied.
I could see into her eyes as deep as her soul would let me. That would be a time most precious and moving. It would be my rapture of what love had meant. I was under her spell...one that could not be broken. That was when she was happy.

But, conversly, when she was sad, or angry, then her eyes were like onto a prison. For just as easily could I be drawn into her world of sorrow, pain and fear. Her soul would bare all through the look of her eyes. I could not look for long, as the pain was too much to bare. How a person like me could have caused her beautiful eyes to shed so many tears.....I do not know. That was the hardest of it all...to see those tears of sorrow stream down her face. That too I see as if it were just yesterday. And as I saw her....so too did I respond in kind. My empathy tied to her soul, her heart and her mind.

So there you have it. The good and the bad. The highs and the lows. The euphoria and the depression. The yen and the yang.
It was all in one package....a delicate flower that would be difficult to open....but once bloomed.....could take your breath away.
I will not soon forget what I saw in her eyes. The communication of which no words were needed. The invisible connection of the souls of 2 beings....a higher plane of existence that but a few can share.
Like limpid pools of dark water.....they are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home