Sunday, February 27, 2005

I'M BACK FROM WASHINGTON

I just returned from Silver Lake, Washigton after a cousins' wedding. Portland was sunny and warm. As a matter of fact, there was no snow at all in the Mt. Shasta area. They really do have a drought up there. If you have never been to Portland, Oregon.....it is very different from Los Angeles. It has a completely different feel to it....and the people seem to be friendlier.

I had a good time overall.....but it was a whirlwind trip. Drove straight back all last night after the wedding.....it took about 15 hours to make the trip. It looks like I will have to drive to South Dakota in June.....as my nephew is getting married. Sure hope he knows what he is getting himself into.

Well, that is all for my update at the moment. I believe I will start volume 2 of my story shortly.....as there is much to tell from the last 2 years. Still have received no word at all regarding the letter of apology to my long lost love. Perhaps I will never hear anything....but that was to be expected. At least I have not had jack booted government thugs banging at my door......not yet anyway! I set no time limit on my "mea culpa". I can expect no less from the government; as much time remains for its response. Still, my thoughts of her pervade my daily routine. The lingering thoughts of wishes and dreams of years past.

Of course, I am an idiot to hold on to such false dreams....but that is what makes us unique. The ability to have hope.....when all seems lost. How many people over the centuries have taken the path I now journey? Too many to count....to be sure. It is a path well traveled. A path filled with disappointment and sadness. But for the few of the many.....it would be such a waste of life. But that is exactly why we continue this lonesome journey......for the hope that we are one of the few......out of the many.

Just 2 days past, I was sitting in the forest of Silver Lake, Washington.....looking up at the full moon in the sky. The stars were countless, unlike LA. As I watched "la Luna" in the night sky, I realized that there was one connection common to us all.....common to her and I.....as we both had undoubtedly cast our eyes at the same full moon. The same shadows of light had cast their pale upon our emotions.....evoking times of memories past. And so it is that hope eternal springs....that which defines us as human. Sigh........my prison of solitude.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home