Thursday, February 17, 2005

Ghost Stories

Here is an interesting topic. I don't know how many of you out there have a ghost story....but I have several. I was just thinking about them. I remember one in particular that happened when I was about 10 years old. Now I know it may sound funny, but I am sure many of you have heard of the the La Chupacabra (the goat sucker). Well, I can tell you that around 1969....(in Idaho) we had something similar around our farm. Here's the way it happened......

Our farm was at the end of a long dirt driveway and we had no close neighbors. We raised hogs, chickens and rabbits. It was the duty of my sister and I to feed them each morning before school.
Most of the time, it was still dark at feeding time. Now....my entire family had seen a mysterious entity around for months....it was very dark...hovered several feet off the ground and had either one or two red eyes. Sometimes it would be in the middle of the driveway....and would float off as it was approached. Then one day, my sister and I were up at the machine shop getting ready to feed the animals.....and this thing came floating out toward us. We were both scared to death....and I never ran so fast in my life. I was beating my sister by a good hundred yards....and she was screaming her head off. It never followed us down.

But the real kicker came 2 days later. We had several german shepards and that night....they barked like crazy all night long.
When morning came, we found out why they barked. It looked like a battlefield. The scene looked like that....there were bodies of chickens and rabbits everwhere. There were at least 80 dead chickens and 40 dead rabbits. They were scattered all over. All dead and not a drop of blood in any of them. They were not tore up or butchered....but had small punture holes on their necks and shoulders. My father called the Canyon County Sheriffs' office and they sent a deputy out. He filed a report and collected all of the carcasses. They initially tried to blame it on weasels....but later changed it to unknown...as some of those dead rabbits were about 20 pounds and there was no way a weasel could have opened the hutches, dragged a 20 pound rabbit 200 yards and then drain their blood. Of course. we knew what killed them....the equilevent of the chupacabra. After that, about a week later....we found a dead dog buried in a stack of stray. It had been there some time...as is was badly decomposed. My father removed it and buried it at the back of the property. We never saw the floating thing after that....hmmmm....a dog spirit I guess? Any guesses out there?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home