Wednesday, February 02, 2005

EPISODE 2 - THE THIEF OF DREAMS - Chapter 1

Here I am....about to release the second in a series of my struggle for justice, equality and redemption. This episode documents events that have transpired since my desolation and exile by the mighty empire of the United States. The timelime picks up after my defeat and surrender in the courtroom of 12 years past. It was a time of mourning and rebuilding. The life I had once known was now just a memory. My career as an officer of the empire over.....the love of my life was lost......my fincial insolvency imminent. I had reached the bottom strata of life......just a heartbeat from destitution. I was crushed....my soul mortally wounded....my heart split in two.....for my love of her would not die.

I became so despondent as to shun the outside world. The shame I had brought upon my family. I had not yet told my parents of my fall from grace. It was more than I could bear. I felt as though the weight of the world had trapped me beneath its foundation....with no escape. There were no resolutions to the conflict that I had endured....resolutions that would ease my pain, heal my sorrow, mend my heart......and most of all.....remove the guilt and regret.
I never got to explain myself to my "Anna", never to apologize to her, never to have asked her forgiveness.....or to allow me to forgive her. The wounds have remained open for many years since....I am trapped in the fabric of time....destined to echo the tragedy countless times over.

I would have been content to let sleeping dogs lie.....to fade off into the horizon....little known or remembered for the battle that was waged, or all that was lost. As had been my lot in life since the beginning, fate took another turn. It was unwilling to let me rest in peace. Weary from the long fight I just experienced....I thought I could have no more strength, no will, nor emotion for which to carry on another battle against the might of the empire. I had so wanted to reclaim any last vestige of a life. To rebuild the foundation of my soul, to evaluate my beliefs and faith. And I would have been satisfied to accept these modest crumbs.....but for the turn of fate.....it should have been my final battle. But vengence runs deep in the halls of the empire. It was at this time that I discovered just how deep. For hatred of me still simmered in those marbled halls. I was soon to learn that fate was my companion once again.

Alone I had started this journey....and alone I would finish it! I was now an enemy of the empire. A person who had to be surpressed under the yoke of silence....no lie too great, no deception too wicked to carry out. So it was my fate to once again rise up from the ashes of my desolation.....to give the common and weak a voice. All the while....missing the one I loved.....secretly wishing for another chance that would not come. And the war resumed, after but a brief lull. The cold war of injustice, power and tyranny. The thief of dreams had come to steal again....as would a scoundrel in the cold and stillness of a winter night.

To be continued...............

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home