Friday, April 15, 2005

Tax Day = Indentured Servant Day

Just call me the king of procrastination. I haven't even touched my taxes yet. Why...you might ask? Given the paltry amount of money I earned last year...it hardly seems worth it. I'll just whip out a 10EZ form and off it goes. I'll be lucky just to get a couple of bucks back...by the time I pay the tax on that unemployment insurance I used. That really makes sense...doesn't it. I mean the reason you are using unemployment is...duh...you are not working! No job means not earing income...yet despite this...they still want you to pay tax on the unemployment insurance that has already been taxed from the employer. Typical government crap to get their hands on more of your money.

Ahhh yes...the huddled masses...yearning to be free. Not in this country will you be. About the only thing you are truly free to do is become poor...lose your job...family...home and respect. People don't realize the amount of laws that are on the books to control nearly every aspect of our lives. Layers upon layers of ordinances...statutes...mandates...caveats...regulations...all to better our lives; so we are told. Municipal, County, State and Federal laws govern everything we do. We are told where to live, how to live, what we can have...or what we cannot have. You need a permit for almost everything...building, driving, hunting, fishing, camping...etc. The US has more laws and regulations than almost any other country...including China and Russia. Scary...isn't it? Land of the free my ass! You still have the freedom to belly up though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home