Monday, April 11, 2005

The Monday Morning Blues

We all know how Monday's are...yuck! Don't you wish they could rename them. It always represents the end of the freedom of the weekend...back to the old saltmines. Of course...this only concerns people who actually have to work on Monday. Thankfully...the Long Beach Grand Prix is over...so are the people, traffic and noise. I can get back to my old routine once again. The same old rut...here in Bluesville USA. I noticed that the Border Patrol is once again hiring entry level agents. The announcement was released this morning on the USA JOBS website. Too bad I am too old now-lol. The cutoff for the age limit is 37.

Next...there was another wreck outside my apartment...again! It was moderate, but fortunately...no major injuries. I helped out others who were already on scene. Of course...I had my trusty camera with me again...and more "action" shots were taken. That intersection sure is a magnet for accidents. I have seen plenty of wrecks the time I have been there.

It is a nice sunny day here in Long Beach...and warm too. Nice spring weather could not come soon enough...as I really don't like rain too much.

Lastly...gas here is through the roof. A number of places have it priced at $3 a gallon or more already. I sure hope I can afford to drive to my nephew's wedding in South Dakota in June. I can't believe the government just lets these oil companies gouge the consumers the way they do. The oil industry has made more profits than ever this year...but our elected leaders just look the otherway. I guess the kickbacks and favors are just too much for them to ignore. A really sad state of affairs indeed. Hmm, I wonder what she is doing down in Arizona right now? Probably hard at work...keeping America safe from terrorists, drug dealers, smugglers, coyotes...and the like. Wish I could be doing the same thing...with her in particular. Sigh.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home