Tuesday, April 05, 2005

If You Are Reading This....Then You Know

Then you know what I am about. What my stand on the issues are. What matters in my world. Of whom do I care for...and of whom I do not. You know my struggles and battles. You know of my achievements and failures. You are privy to my most inner thoughts and emotions. You have seen what makes me who I am...and who I am not. You have listened quietly while I have explained my self. You have watched as I have bared my soul for all to see. You have seen and felt my weaknesses. You have known the love for which I have held for so many years. You know that I am a mere mortal man...prone to the failings we all must endure. You know that I feel pain and regret beyond all comprehension. You know that I miss you terribly so. You know that I wish to make the wrong things right. You know that I wish to make amends. You know that I hold true sorrow and remorse. You know I am reaching out for understanding and forgiveness. You know of whom I speak. You know of which direction my words travel.

In my words shall you find my forgiveness and apology. In my isolation shall you find my endurance. In my heart shall you find my love. In my tears shall you find my sorrow. In my cries shall you find my pain. In my eyes shall you find my truth.

If you are reading this, then you know me on a level that few will ever experience. If you remember me...then remember my face...my voice...my laughter...my tears...and my fears. It is so little that I ask. For I would surely do the same for you. If you remember me...know who I was...not as I am.
Not as a broken shell of a man that exists today...but as an energetic, vibrant, adventurous and youthful soul of yesteryear. Remember what was said and done then...and compare that to what is said now. I ask only for understanding and compassion. If you are reading this...then you know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home