Friday, April 08, 2005

They Should Have Stayed In Bed.

It was about 6:30am and I had just been jarred out of slumber by a loud crashing sound just outside of my apartment. Sure enough...another wreck just happened at the intersection. I peered out the window to see what had happened. It was a doozy all right. There in the middle of the intersection was a new black Ford Explorer on it's side. Parts was everwhere. Then I saw a Long Beach yellow cab with extensive front end damage. There was a third car also damaged. The horn on the explorer was blaring away. I quickly called 911 and threw on some clothes and grabbed my digital camera. By the time I got down there...paramedics were already pulling the injured man out of the overturned explorer. They must have been right around the corner, because it had only been several minutes since I called 911. Since they had the scene under control and were helping the injured drivers...I called into service my trusty camera for some great action shots. I will get them uploaded to my computer today so I can check them out. Good thing I took them before the police arrived, because once they got there they prohibited photographing the scene. Someone is definately going to pay big time on this one. Yellow cab better hope their driver was not at fault.

Some days it just doesn't pay to get out of bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home