Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Another Day in the Life of a Rebel

Again....I find myself waxing about what has been, what could have been, what should have been.....and what will never be. Those terms are quite interchangeble....are they not? To this extent.....my goals of rising above my circumstances have been quite introspective. I guess I will never win the powerball lottery....so I guess i will find no financial relief there. My career choices.....being limited as they are....seem not to be the answer either. Such is the life of a rebel. Alive and kicking, but existing on the edge.....the fringe....an outcast of society.

Life does not come easily for the likes of our kind. We are the disenfranchised masses....the nonconformists.....the malcontents of the world. Alone, we are powerless.....but in numbers....ahhhh...that is where the power lies. So it has been since the dawn of civilization. Whether by the ballot box....or by the gun.....when we the people have had enough.....change will come. The regimes of the world fear our numbers....and thus...our strength. To keep us under their thumbs....they resort to oppression, intimidation, lies, deception and.....if needed...force.

But I am bigger than that. I have more dignity than that. I have what they will never have.....the soul and spirit of the artistic mind.
With that mind I can think outside of the box they have constructed. I can see through the lies and deception they profess...the propaganda they spew. I have imagination, desire and focus. I can shed the falsehoods of their manifestations. How?....I often ask myself. I use the one tool that governments the world over would prefer not be available.....education and knowledge.
For with that education and knowledge.....I can see weaknesses inherent within their structure. I can process the information and teach others....as I have taught myself.

I find it enlightening that I can be who I am.....even under the heavy hand of the state. I can revel in the succinct knowledge I gather. I keep my freedom and liberty that way. I maintain order within my life. I cast my fortunes to the wind.....that I may be better the next day.....rather than the last. In this manner....I will never be fully defeated; no matter what steps are taken to beat me down. This is how I must live my life....as a rebel....an outcast.
Yes...it is another day in the life of a rebel. A position I was forced into to......not entirely of my own doing. So it is I must roll with the punches that hit me each day. Down I go.....to the mat of life....only to rebound with more vigor and purpose than ever.
Yes.....a punching bag I am......but a resilient one indeed. A worthy adversary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home