Monday, June 20, 2005

When Rises the Moon and Whispers Your Name.

I just went outside a little bit ago and looked up at the stars. There it sat...a most brilliant moon. Almost full and as bright as any street lamp. As I gazed at the night sky...a shooting star streaked across my field of vision. Over the moon it went...headed east toward the state of which she abodes. That was all it took for the memories to come flooding my senses once again. As if I were transported through time and space...I was there again in Georgia some 13 years ago.

It was as if she were standing next to me. My heart raced...my pulse quickened...and my mind reeled. I could feel her cosmic presence touch my soul...though the physical manifestation of her being was nearly 2 states away. My thoughts relived the trauma of what had happened between us. The force of lightening and thunder that split our world in two. The salt of a thousand tears fell upon my mouth as had it done so long ago. Recriminations of things long since past still haunt my dreams...and my days.

With the shine of the moon overhead...I could almost see her dark eyes piercing from the sky...reminding me of the sacrifice I had made for daring to let my emotions control my fate. But as my emotions were strong...so to were hers. In this respect...we shared a common bond. We were creatures of emotion and empathy. Creatures split by the hard reality of a cruel and distant world. So it seemed as I continued my gaze upon the moon and wondered aloud why those things had come to pass.

As she knew what was in my heart...so to did I know what was in hers. After 13 years of exile...the bond still holds. The secret link between a man and a woman that only heaven can truly comprehend. Though I may never again lay my eyes upon her beauty...the bond shall remain unbroken between our souls...within our hearts.

WHEN RISES THE MOON AND WHISPERS YOUR NAME
by Tony

As I had done so many times before...I looked upon a starry night...a golden moon of shining light. And thus before my eyes appeared...her flowing hair...and face of cheer. My ears could hear and my eyes could see...a ghostly fog that has haunted me.

Now the time has come to go...I've gazed enough to let her know. Alway shall my life be hers...of that I think she will concur. I bid to her a fond farewell...until the next bright moon...shall rise and swell.

That is how it comes to me...the dreams I have of what should now be. Now only in my latent life...should I care for times of ardent strife. This now comes my soulful cue...my cry for fame and love for you.

Look down upon me from time to time...from the moon which your dark eyes shine. If you feel the eternal bond...lest not you forget we both were wronged.

What could have been...can still be...if our hearts and souls were set free. The night sky shall remain same...when rises the moon and whispers your name.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home