Monday, June 20, 2005

TSA Shannanigans...Part 2

So Saturday I get back to the barrio...and what do I find in the old mail box? A packet of separation documents from TSA. Lo and behold...inside is a new SF-50 separation form. Similar to the one I had received just a few days earlier...but...several of the codes were changed. Big surprise here lol. First...I noticed that the reason for the separation was now changed to "Termination of employment during probationary period". Funny...the one I received just a few days ago stated the separation was for LWOP for a work related injury expected to last over 80 days. Hmmm.

Here is the real kicker though...the "new" sf-50 had the code for "permanent" employee marked in the tenure section. According to OPM regulations...this means no restrictions...or probationary period left. Sooooo...how could they terminate my employment as a probationary employee when the document clearly indicates me being a permanent employee? I was hired on November 10, 2002 and separated on January 10, 2005. Oh well...after 13 years of this type of crapola from the government...it is to be expected. It just never ends...I guess I am going to my grave fighting with the government over this stuff.

So what's on the schedule today...trying to straighten this mess out...as usual. Plenty of phone calls and bureacratic Slugs. Happy, happy, joy, joy...in the words of Ren and Stimpy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home