Friday, April 22, 2005

More rain for the weekend. How depressing.

The clouds are coming. We are already getting a few sprinkles. The weathercasters are saying rain for the weekend...oh well...maybe we can beat the all time record for LA. We only need a bit over 2 inches to do it. I guess it is something to look forward to. What a dubious honor...seeing how Seattle should be getting all of this rain.

I'm going to be at Cal State - Long Beach tomorrow for a good part of the day...in the rain...oh what fun. Just yesterday was a perfect day. Completely cloudless and near 80 degrees. Today...it was at least 10 degrees colder and overcast. Tomorrow the high in Long Beach is only supposed to be about 66 degrees.

Check out the pics below. Homer is just too good not to put up...as you can guess...The Simpsons are my favorite animated show. As for Underdog...well he pretty much sums me up...a perennial underdog. Keeps on trying to do what is right...but he gets no respect. Just think of the commercial they have been running lately. Some lady calls out for help because her credit card was stolen/lost...and just about every superhero shows up to help her. Thor, Capt. America, Spiderman etc. After it is all over, Underdog shows up to offer his help...she turns him down...and he walks away in dejection. Why does that sound so familiar at anyway? Hmmmm. A day late and a dollar short...as usual. At least Underdog has his girlfriend...sickening when a cartoon character of notorious distinction has a girlfriend...and I do not. Just where is my "Soul of the Moon" anyway? Not here...that's for sure...though I wish she were.

Anyway...before I get too carried away in my lament. Have a nice day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home