Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Who likes funerals?

Not me...that is for sure. Today was my cousin's fiance's funeral. Yes...I had to go...he is my first cousin after all. Not fun...they never are. When I expire...nothing fancy please. Just a trip to the crematorium...then take the ashes and feed some plants. Being realistic...no one in modern recorded history has ever been proven to return from the dead. I mean really dead...not the so called clinically dead. Once you are gone...that's it. Either way you are going to end up as plant and worm food...so I would rather feed the plants and worms sooner after death.

When someone you know dies...you can't help think about your own mortality. We all will face the same fate...it is just a matter of time and circumstance. There is one thing that is for sure...it is a journey we must all take alone. May God rest her soul.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home