Monday, August 15, 2005

Murder Trial

Today I was googling the net and to my surprise...came across a news story from a linked site. In this site were the accounts of a murder trial that happened in 1997. It seemed ordinary enough...for a murder trial that is. But then I saw something that piqued my interest. As I was reading down the index column, there was an entry for July 1997. The entry made reference to several federal agents.

I quickly clicked the link and discovered that one of the agents mentioned...was none other than my long lost flame from my academy days. She had given testimony regarding items found on the suspected murders...in particular...about wallets that were recovered after their arrest.

I knew it was her and my heart initially jumped. My breathing increased and my emotions kicked in. Why had I never found this story before? I don't know...God knows I have googled her often enough just trying to get any information about her welfare. It was like she fell off of the face of the earth. In all of my computing experience since the day we parted ways...I have never found even one mention of her name anywhere in cyberspace. How ironic that it was only now did even the tiniest bit of information come forth.

As quickly as my exitement rose...it fell just as fast. For there was really nothing in that story but a couple of sentences. Nothing more. Now sadness creeped forth...biting at my heart and soul. As I again faced the futility of it all...the tears welled from within me. A few made their way down to the floor...where they dried up as quickly as had my hopes and dreams. Another goose chase...another snipe hunt...another red herring. Will it ever stop? No...I think not.

Yet I remain a prisoner of her love. Chained in the mists of time...shackled like some poor animal that was caught in a trap. The hunter comes...wielding his sword of fury. My fate awaits me...as only time can tell.

Sigh...........................................................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home