Sunday, August 14, 2005

2 weeks later...

Well...it has been 2 weeks since I have been on this thing. Just scrapping by...barely. Last week was my birthday...August 7. Boy that year sure went by fast. The older you get...the faster they go! I am definately on my way to 50 now. Didn't do anything...much. Went to the X games here in LA. That was OK. Got some great pics of the Big Air competion for skateboarding. They have more guts than brains. The highest ramp was 90 feet...on a skateboard! Saw several spectacular wipeouts. I will see if I can get a couple of pics posted of them.

Not much more going on here. I hope that Alma is having a better time than I am. I am sure that she is. I sure miss her. I sincerly hope that remembers me as fondly...as do I of her. I was just looking at her grainy pic...and her beauty still ignites my fire. Just once I would like to see her again. You know my luck though...fat chance. I am pushing the edge just putting my thoughts and feelings to word on this blog. It is my only outlet...the other doors remain closed...secured with padlocks of steel. No boltcutters do I have...nor do I have the keys to unlock those doors.

Oh...just about forgot. I went with my cousin last week to Calabasas...a small town north of LA on the 101 freeway. I have been up there dozens of times. You would have thought I had seen...or heard...it all. Wrong! I never knew there was a Malibu lake. From Las Virgenes road in Calabasas it is about 9 miles to the coast and Pepperdine University. About halfway is a small road, go right about 3 miles and there it is...Malibu Lake. A small lake, but filled with the homes of the affluent. Many of the homes were right on the shore and they had their own boat docks. Many dollars were spent on these...you can be sure. Must be nice! Up from the lake is a creek draining into it. I walked a little ways with my cousin and checked it out. About that time a well known naturalist by the name of Suzanne approached us. We talked to her for awhile...very interesting and informative. She was an expert in the history of the Chumash indians...who once inhabited this area. A nice little day trip to be sure.

Oh, and just today...I was driving to my cousin's office to check on my Ebay stuff. On the way there was a seemingly well picked over yard sale. All but one thing that is. There sat a rather lonely looking computer monitor. A black and silver one. I quickly stopped and checked it out. It turned out to be am Envision 19" pure flat monitor. It looked almost new. I was curious why it was still there. Stuff like this doesn't last long. As it was...his mother just brought it over. I checked it out and it seemed to work fine. I spent $30 on it. Upon arriving at the office...I hooked it up to my computer...nice!!!!!! Great resolution. I checked the web and discovered that this particular model usually sells from 150 to 200 bucks. I guess it was my belated birthday present. Not bad for 30 bucks. One bright spot in an otherwise lackluster summer.

And so it goes....sigh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home