Tuesday, January 18, 2005

MY SOUL OF THE MOON - Chapter 2

I should have known that this was not going to be just any journey. It was cold, wet and very late when I arrived at the academy. I had pushed myself 18 hours straight to make the deadline. By the time I had approached the gate, it was nearly 1:00am. By the time I was assigned a room, it was 3:00am. Class was scheduled for 7:20am. I made it, though exhausted and drained. Our instructors were introduced....one of which I really admired and liked. Her name was Billie Moxley, an articulate soul of stature and wisdom. So far so good, I thought. Though the tables were piled high with study material, books and lessons, I felt assured of my success. Little did I know or suspect of the tribulations that were about to unfold in my life.

But in the heartbeat of a man, the second of a blink, the drop of a pin......it seemed God had sent Cupid down and his aim was true. My defenses were overwhelmed, my wall was crumbling, my armour was falling to the ground. My soul was as open as any book, just ripe for the reading! I was at the mercy of whatever entity had done this to me. Cupid's arrow had struck hard, fast and deep; and though I had tried, I could not dislodge it from my chest. The shock of it sent shutters through my very soul, to my very being, to my essence. What was so easy just a day, a month, or a year past..... was now a cloudy blur. A fog enveloped my mind and beckoned my soul. It was new to me, it was strange to me and was something that had disrupted my senses. As I wondered how this human emotion could have such control over me, my mind, my reason.....a sense of peace, euphoria and acceptance had swept over me. I was resigned to embrace this sensation in the light of which it came.....on swift wings of heavenly might.

I thought I was strong enough to manage control of this gift, that I would be able balance both worlds simultaneously. And, for a time, I did. Equilibrium was achieved for the briefest of moments...and my world was at peace with itself. The first time in many years...how many...I did not know. There was no turning back from the abyss. There was no force on earth, or hell, that could undo what heaven had done. So it was the beginning of the end for me, my dreams, my ambitions; although at the time, it felt like the beginning of a new world, full of love and adventure. Full of life without care. Full of promise and hope. It was the best of times for me....a time shrouded in mystery and suspense. A time that would never be again.

In the light of the moon, in the sparkle of the stars, in the majesty of heaven...I had felt what it was to be human. I knew what set us apart from the other creatures of the world. A fleeting moment of time when I held the soul of my desire in the rapture of a union made in the mystery of antiquity. And for a fleeting moment...all was well with the world. And still I wondered...what could possibly go wrong, as the harbinger of doom nipped upon my heels.
For now, in this world, this place and this time, I was locked forever in the depth of her eyes. My consciousness was as one with hers. It was as if we could shuck the frail bodies that held our souls, as to be unencumbered in our flight to Eden.

To be continued.............

1 Comments:

At 6:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you ever make it to Eden? Sure would like to know what that's like.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home