Monday, January 17, 2005

MY SOUL OF THE MOON - Chapter 1

It all seemed so perfect, how could anything possibly go wrong? Here I was, at the top of my game, moving up the federal law enforcement ladder......doing the job I loved the most. I remember when I was first hired.....my parents were so proud. No one in our family had ever been in such a position of responsibility before. I was thinking I had finally found my calling. What I was put on this earth to do. I was an officer of the realm. I carried the weight of the empire of the United States on my shoulders. How was I to know it would all blow up just a year and a half later? I had been highly anticipating selection for the service academy, to be formally certified. A grueling 4 month course of instruction heavy in immigration and naturalization law awaited me. I lobbied for months for selection. Finally, a year after my hire, my selection came through.

I was so excited. Being the adventurous soul I was, I turned down the airline flight and packed my truck for the cross-country trip from Los Angeles to that exotic spot in Georgia. A spot near the Golden Isles, St. Simon Isle and Brunswick. I was ready for anything.....fishing, touring, exploring the back woods for civil war relics. Well, I thought I was ready for anything. As it turned out though, I was proven quite wrong. I had no doubts that I would complete the course. I had no hesitation about studying, shooting firearms, driving cars, doing physical takedowns and a myriad of other tasks. My confidence was high, my mind was set, my goal was visualized. It seemed so perfect...so natural...what could possibly go wrong? And then, as have many other men throughout history, I was about to be shocked into the world of raw emotion. I was about to be inducted into the losers hall of fame. I was about to be the poster child for the idiot's guide on how "not" to conduct a relationship. The trap was set, the bait was alluring and my destiny awaited the misfortunes of love. To be continued...............

1 Comments:

At 6:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, you gotta hurry up with those posts. Just when I'm snagged, you say, "to be continued!" That ain't right. Be back tomorrow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home