Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Coincidence?

A small sidebar from my usual troubles...involves high school from many years ago. I was curious about the small city where Alma hails from...and found it interesting that the high school in that small town has the Bulldogs as it's mascot. By coincidence...that is also the same mascot for my old high school in Nampa, Idaho...the Bulldogs. It seems, however, that while her town has remained rather static in population over the years...my hometown has expolded in growth.
When I was growing up, Nampa had a population close to what her hometown has now. I just checked the census and it has exceeded 68,000. I believe the current population for her hometown remains around 16,000. Not much growth there.

Personally, I would have preferred Nampa to remain the same small town of my youth. I visited Nampa last year and found it looking like a minature Los Angeles....as in urban sprawl from Boise, Idaho all the way to Caldwell, Idaho. Houses are sprouting like mushrooms. Huge monster houses from out-of-staters. They look totally out of place against the backdrop of the type of houses you would normally find. Californians are cashing out their equity and moving there in droves...snapping up all available land and building "mansions".

Still...it is kind of weird that 2 people....her and I...growing up thousands of miles apart...have some parallels that long ago.

Just a little more of the cosmic connection that can bind two people.

Coincidences........sigh......

2 Comments:

At 4:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice post. td bank

 
At 6:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blog! I also have a site about jersey waterskiing
. You can check it out at jersey waterskiing
.

Also, as a special bonus, I want to tell you about a great site that is giving away a FREE Sony DVD Handycam. Just click the link below and enter your Zipcode to qualify.

FREE Sony DVD Handycam

 

Post a Comment

<< Home