Monday, January 09, 2006

Computer Capers

Finally...after days of fighting the virus and spyware...I got my computer back. But not before I had to completely reformat the hard drive and reinstall XP Pro once again. What a headache getting all of the ad ons and software. I have about 9 USB devices installed alone. Honestly...it took about 3 days to complete this job. I have 2 full DVDs with the backed up files before I wiped it clean. Ouch!

Slowly it has returned to life. One of the last headaches was getting the DVD decoder to work right. I didn't wany to spend 30 bucks just for a decoder. By luck...I had NERO backed up and after some tweaking...my movies movies work just. The never ending job of keeping the damn things running right with millions of viruses...trojans and spyware...always attacking. Curse those damn hackers. Have they nothing better to do? When caught...they should be drawn and quarted!

Computer capers indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home