Sunday, January 22, 2006

Look in your soul for what is true.

Late it is...this night of chill.
Nothing more...can I now feel.

Alone...the way my path doth seek.
And speaks of things...I dare not speak.

Searching the truth for what I know.
Wasting time in winters' snow.

My eyes are tired...my senses dim.
Long since retired...I should have been.

What keeps my mind alive thus far?
I know not the answer...from my emotional scar.

Indeed...I think unto myself.
Long the years...bereavement felt.

Far...the soul that I have sought.
Lost in times past...but not forgot.

And so it is as each night passes.
My dreams return...in most peculiar fashions.

It drives me on without much concern.
The nights last longer...at each passing turn.

Things once good...have turned asunder.
And like times of old...makes my mind wander.

Days and months and years I wasted.
Lamenting monents...I've never tasted.

I think of all the things we might have missed.
Like morning dew...and the oceans' mist.

What have I done...this wrath be mine?
I carry evermore...with the burden of time.

To what I seek...of whom I feel.
I speak to you...as I bow and kneel.

Know this now and evermore.
As each night passes through my doors.

I cannot stop these dreams of mine.
As your soul and mine...did once combine.

So has it lasted...these fourteen years.
Of whom I shed these painful tears.

The door is shut...so it shall remain.
Your image fades...but not the pain.

So here I am...alone this cold night.
Staring out...upon bleak city lights.

Wishing in my heart of dreams.
A last chance yet...to be redeemed.

Look to your soul for what is true.
And you will know...I still love you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home